www.thecalmzone.net (“the site”) is a site operated by CALM (Campaign Against Living Miserably) (“We”). We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy outlines the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is CALM of PO Box 68766 London SE1P 4JZ. Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Rachel Clare.
- 1. PRIVACY AND COOKIES
1.1. We are committed to responsible data management and subscribe to the principals of the data protection legislation in the United Kingdom. We are committed to maintaining the privacy of our users and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. If you register for any of the Services you will be asked to provide basic personal information. The information provided by you is not available for sale or use by third parties. The information is used solely for notifying you of changes or updates to the Website/Services.
1.2. We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.thecalmzone.net. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our campaign, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by CALM and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise) and the resources that you access.
2.3. Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your machine as well as more general information about cookies. If you wish to view your cookie code, just click on a cookie to open it. You’ll see a short string of text and numbers. The numbers are your identification card, which can only be seen by the server that gave you the cookie. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
3. USER ACCOUNT, PASSWORD AND SECURITY
3.1. If a particular Service requires you to open an account you will be required to complete the registration process by providing certain information and registering a username and password for use with that Service. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the username and password and also for all activities that take place under your account.
3.2. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your password or account or any other breach of security. In no event will thecalmzone.net be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever resulting from the disclosure of your username and/or password. You may not use another person’s account at any time, without the express permission of the account holder.
4. IP ADDRESSES
4.1. We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers or commissioners. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
5. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
5.2. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
5.3. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
6. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
6.1. We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
7. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
8. YOUR RIGHTS
8.1 You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
8.2 Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
9. ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Privacy & The Helpline
CALM helpline respects the privacy of callers. For this reason caller display is disabled on helpline channels and telephone numbers are not seen or recorded by the helpline.
CALM does need to evidence to its funders and fundraisers how their donations are used so the helpline does need to provide narrative and statistical analysis of the helpline service. So we do record where possible the age, gender, location and general circumstance of the caller. This is only numerical data. This is stored under the terms of the Data Protection Act. There are no personally identifying details i.e. name, phone number is not asked for or recorded. Any narrative used by CALM to demonstrate impact and outcomes is completely anonymised and not traceable back to any caller.
A very small number of calls may be randomly recorded for the purposes of quality control and training. These are deleted on a monthly basis and are only heard by CALM helpline staff.
The CALM helpline is provided on behalf of CALM by a community interest company which is limited by guarantee.
Re; breach of confidentiality, please see our Confidentiality Statement