You may have noticed CALM likes it’s music. We like DJs, singers, songwriters, guitarists, MCs, drummers, producers, the weird bloke who dances on the side of the stage, the fans, the promoters, the festival organisers, the PR agencies, you name it we’ve got a lot of time for them.
Why? ‘Cos music is such a universal language, it’s about expressing yourself, venting, creating, crafting and getting it off your chest. We live in a bizarre world where it’s totally acceptable for a man to write a song about heartbreak and sing it to thousands of people but for some reason he’ll get told to “pull himself together” if he talks about the same experience in public. Music can be the voice of a generation, an outlet that both the musician and the listener can gain benefit from, it can be the soundtrack to your life and it can be very, very, real.
So when we get the option to work with musicians or music events, if we can, we will.
Today the guys at Liverpool Sound City announce their massive line-up and given we’re their official charity partner we thought we should share it with you.
Have a read, and let us know your ideas for how we should make the most of this opportunity. We’ll enter everyone’s ideas into a hat and whoever comes out will win 2 tickets to the festival! To enter tweet us @theCALMzone and use the hashtag #myCALMLSCidea *T&C’s below
More info and tickets:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Competition opens 11.30am (GMT) THURSDAY 28th FEBRUARY 2013. We will choose 2 lucky winners at random and you will receive a direct message from CALM requesting your contact details and email address so we can send your prize.
- Only one entry will be counted towards the prize draw.
- If you win you will need to submit your email address and contact details for us to contact you in order to receive your prize.
- Prizes will be sent within 25 days
- Competition only open to UK residents (sorry!).
- Competition opens Thursday 28th February 2013, 11.30am (GMT). Competition closes Thursday 4th April 2013, 11.30am (GMT).
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter.
- You are providing your information to CALM and not to Twitter or Liverpool Sound City. The information you provide will only be used for notifying winners.
- This competition is not open to anyone under the age of 18.