Need help? Call our helpline…

5pm–midnight, 365 days a year …or find help online here

Nationwide

0800 58 58 58

London

0808 802 58 58

Use

Webchat
Need help? Call our helpline
or find help online.

Fundraise for CALM & Help Prevent Male Suicide

With summer still in the air it’s time to dust off those trainers and get running!  There are loads of fundraising runs, swims and cycles over the next few months where you can raise money for CALM to keep our helpline and website running, so we can reach more men in need of support.  With your help we can work towards preventing male suicide, now the biggest single cause of death in men aged between 20 – 49 in England and Wales.

If you are keen to get involved, below are some upcoming events you and your mates can sign up to.  All you need to do then is go to justgiving.com/CALM and hit the start fundraising button.  Easy peasy!

Click HERE to download a sponsorship form and get started on offline donations.

25th September – Tough Mudder North West

Wrapped around one of England’s most storied castles, North West 2014 is sure to be a historic Tough Mudder. Sprawled out over thousands of acres of rigorous terrain peppered with obstacles designed by the UK’s very own Special Forces, this is one major test of endurance. Click here to book your place.

11th October – Men’s Health Survival of the Fittest, Nottingham

Notts is where it all began for Survival back in 2008. It’s therefore a firm favourite and thousands turn up year on year to make the pilgrimage to the original Survival. This year is set to be bigger, badder and better than ever. Book your place here.

Nov 1st – Winter Monster Race 5k/10k, Wiltshire

The Monster Race returns with it’s winter offering.  It’s colder, it’s tougher and it’s well worth it!  Registration from £37.50 monsterrace.co.uk

December 7th – Santa Dash, Victoria Park, London

Choose from either a 5k or 10k route, don your (free!) Santa Outfit and dash around London’s beautiful Victoria Park with thousands of other Santa Claus’. The CALM crew will be there to cheer you on the whole way! To book a place email niamh@thecalmzone.net

Disclaimer: The views expressed in this article or in the comments below, are not those held by CALM or its Trustees unless stated, and liability cannot be accepted for such comments. We encourage friendly and constructive debate, but please don't share personal contact details when commenting and exercise caution when considering any advice offered by others. We don’t allow abusive, offensive or inappropriate comments or comments that could be interpreted as libellous, defamatory or commercial and we will remove these without warning as and when we find them.

11 Responses to this article

1. Our son Richard is raising funds for C.A.L.M.by running in the London Marathon.
    Do you have some C.A.L.M. tee shirts his supporters could purchase and wear at the event?

Ian Eversden 5th April 2014 at 4:27 pm
  2. Hi Ian, thanks for getting in touch. Niamh will be getting in touch today to sort this out for you. Good luck to Richard on Sunday!!

rachelclare 7th April 2014 at 10:21 am
  3. Hello, I would like to run the London marathon 2015 to raise money for calm, After loosing 2 members of my family and 1 close friend all within 6 months in 2013 I believe this charity is closest to my heart. I want to raise money for all the fantastic work you do. Please can you send me any information you have to apply for a place.

Brooke 22nd April 2014 at 11:04 am
  4. Hi Brooke

Thanks for your support and so sorry to hear of your loss. We host a private forum for those bereaved by suicide, where you can talk to others who have also lost loved ones, plus find support information. If you would be interested in joining, please email niamh@thecalmzone.net. She can also talk to you about marathon places for next year, so please do drop her a line.
    Thanks again for your support, and our thoughts are with you and your family.
    Take Care,
    Team CALM

rachelclare 23rd April 2014 at 10:39 am
  5. Hello,

With this cause being very close to myheart I am keen to support the CALM Charity. I have looked at some of the up & coming events however fell I may be better preparing for the 2015 marathon. Please could u could u confirm if there is a minimum I have to commit in raising, in order to enter & support CALM?
    Also if & how I may go about supporting & listerning to others who have been effected & lost close relatives by suicide, I lost my farther 27 yrs ago when I was a 6 yr old girl & have now felt for many years now that I am a stable, sympathetic, understanding & posative indervidual that has delayed in doing something to help others that are effected by suicide in young males.

Where & how can I start..please.
    Many Thanks
    Carly Rodgers
    07786015989
    carly.rodgers@hotmail.co.uk

carly 29th April 2014 at 9:52 pm
  6. Hi Carly

Thanks for getting in touch and offering to support CALM. The best thing to do is contact our Supporter Care Manager, Niamh, on niamh@thecalmzone.net and she can give you info on the marathon and how you can get involved.

Take Care
    Team CALM

rachelclare 30th April 2014 at 11:13 am
  7. Hi

I lost my partner aged 26 in March 2012, I have since met a kind person and we have had a son, I would really like to organise some sort of walk/pushchair walk to involve the babies and start awareness as young as possible.

Is this something I do independently and then send you the funds or do you have a pack to help?

Many thanks
    Becky

Rebecca smith 6th May 2014 at 8:11 am
  8. Hi Becky

Thanks for getting in touch and for offering to support CALM! It’s hugely appreciated. The best thing to do is email niamh@thecalmzone.net with all the details and she can can give you info on how to fundraise for us and what to do next. She can also give you access to our private forum for those bereaved by suicide, if you feel that this might be something you are interested in using? Losing someone to suicide is a very difficult thing to deal with alone, so if you need some support, please do let Niamh know.

All the best
    Team CALM x

rachelclare 6th May 2014 at 9:56 am
  9. Thank you 🙂 xx

Rebecca smith 8th May 2014 at 8:14 pm
  10. I am running the MK half marathon in 7 weeks time. I unfortunately lost a friend at the end of 2014 due to depression. I have been searching through your site and have see what great work you do. I would love to wear a CALM vest for the event to raise awareness for the cause and hopefully a bit of money. I would just like to know how I would go about buying a vest from you. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks,

Harry

hwgillan 21st March 2015 at 12:41 pm
  11. Hi Harry

Thanks for getting in touch and for choosing to support CALM. It’s extremely tough losing someone to suicide, and choosing to honour their memory in this way is a very brave and admirable thing to do. If you email our Supporter Engagement Officer, Bríd McKeown on brid@thecalmzone.net she can send you a vest and info about fundraising for us. Huge thanks and good luck with the run! Keep us posted on how you get on.

All the best