1. The prize draw will be open at 10:00 on Friday 28 July 2023 and close at midnight on Monday 7 August 2023.
2. Entry to the prize draw is only by texting the keyword SKYDIVE to short code 70215. Text messages will cost your standard network message charge (based on your service provider rates – please check with your provider). You will then receive a free bounce-back message informing you that for your chance to win, you will need to reply ONE to enter once and donate £5, TWO to enter twice and donate £10 or FOUR to enter 4 times and donate £20. To enter without giving a voluntary donation, you will have the option to add NODONATION after your message.
3. For the avoidance of doubt, opting out of the voluntary donation will not affect your entry into the prize draw.
4. The prize draw is open to all residents of the UK, aged 18 or over, except staff members of Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) or anyone connected with the prize draw. Proof of age, identity and eligibility may be requested. For the avoidance of doubt, none of these individuals may partake in the prize as a guest of the winner (where applicable). You must have the bill payer’s permission to enter. Both participating winners will need to be aged 18 or over on Saturday 12 August 2023.
5. Please ensure you spell the keyword correctly and send your text message to the correct short code. If your entry fails you will not be entered into the competition and will not be donating to Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM). If your text message is received outside the times and dates specified for the prize draw, you will not receive a bounce-back message but may still be charged your standard network message charge. You will not be donating to Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) nor will you have entered the prize draw.
6. You may enter the prize draw a maximum of four times a day (midnight to midnight UK time). You will receive a free bounce-back message regarding the donation each time.If you try to enter into the prize draw more than four times a day, you will still be charged your standard network rate but will not be charged any donation to Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM). Also note that pre-paid customers who are trying to donate but have insufficient credit, may result in a failed entry.
7. There is only ONE prize available to be won:
Two places for yourself and a friend to take part in a tandem skydive with an instructor. The skydive will take place at 16:30 on Saturday 12 August 2023, at: UK Parachuting, Sibson Airfield, Wansford, Peterborough, Cambs PE8 6NE. There is no flexibility in the time, date or location of the skydive.
A meet and greet with Shirley Ballas, who will be taking part in a tandem skydive at the same time as the winners.
8. The winner will be responsible for organising their own travel to and from the skydive location: UK Parachuting, Sibson Airfield, Wansford, Peterborough, Cambs PE8 6NE and will be responsible for covering their own costs in full for this.
9. In the event that the skydive is cancelled by UK Parachuting, Campaign Against Living Miserably will inform the winner at the earliest opportunity. They will inform of a rescheduled date to take part with Shirley Ballas, subject to availability. If this is not possible, the winner will be eligible to reschedule the skydive to a future date, under the equivalent terms and conditions.
10. The winner will be selected using an independent randomised draw system and contacted by phone on Tuesday 8 August 2023. If the winner does not answer within 24 hours after Campaign Against Living Miserably’s reasonable attempts to contact them (meaning 4 calls per day at various times of the day) Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) will move on to contact the next randomly selected winner.
11. For the avoidance of doubt, unless specified above or otherwise agreed in writing, the winner is responsible for all arrangements and costs required to access the prize and no other costs or expenses will be covered by Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) or any of the prize providers.
12. Any accessibility for the winner or their guests will need to be disclosed to Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) upon notification of the win. The winner and their guest will need to adhere to Health & Safety requirements imposed by the skydive company associated with the prize. For full list of restrictions, please refer to the UK Parachuting website FAQs. The physical requirements for each participant as listed by UK Parachuting are as follows:
- The weight limit for a Tandem Sky dive is Male 15 stone 6 pounds (99 Kg) Women 15 stone 6 pounds (99Kg) with clothing.
- You will not be allowed to tandem skydive if you are pregnant.
- You are required to lift your legs up in front of you to avoid injury to yourself and your instructor on landing. You must have the strength, flexibility and limb control to achieve this. There are BMI restrictions in place to ensure this is achievable. The maximum permitted BMI is 39.9. If you have any chronic health issues you must obtain a Doctor’s Certificate before jumping. If you have doubts about your fitness to do a tandem jump, please discuss this with your doctor. They should read this form before giving the advice.
13. Campaign Against Living Miserably’s (CALM) announcement as to who the winner is, is final. No correspondence relating to the prize draw will be entered into. The prizes are as stated. There is no cash alternative and the prizes cannot be sold or transferred for value in any circumstances. If a winner wishes to give the prize to another person as a gift, express prior consent must be obtained from Campaign Against Living Miserably.
14. The winner and their guest agree to take part in any reasonable post-prize draw publicity with Campaign Against Living Miserably if required. Any photographs taken by you or your guest can only be used for personal (and not commercial) uses.
15. In no event shall Campaign Against Living Miserably be liable for any claim demand or damages caused to an entrant by reason of a description of the prize being inaccurate, incomplete, or for the prize being otherwise in any way different to the entrant’s expectations.
16. Each participating individual will be required to complete a safety questionnaire and waiver of liability issued and owned by UK Parachuting. Campaign Against Living Miserably in no event shall be liable for any health and safety damage on the day of or following the skydive.
17. Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) is a registered charity, registered at 5 Wootton Street, London, SE1 8TG. Charity Reg No: 1110621 & Scot SC044347
18. The governing law is that of England and Wales.
19. The text service and donation service is provided by Donr. The randomised draw is carried out by Campaign Against Living Miserably(CALM).