CALM is a grassroots campaigning organisation, reliant on the skills, time and energy of a huge team of dedicated volunteers to shout loudly, raise awareness, and make an impact.
Our Volunteering Programme is currently oversubscribed.
Don’t worry! There are other great ways to get involved:
- Like and retweet us on twitter – @theCALMzone
- Like us and share our posts on Facebook – @The CALMzone
- Tag us in anything you find interesting or relevant
- Enter a new #mandictionary definition
- Check our our new Torch Song campaign and ask your friends #WhatsYourTorchSong?
Awareness and Contributing
- Recruit some new CALMzine stockists – we love barbers, bars, and bike shops! Email email@example.com with your postal address to get your official how-to pack and sample copies now.
- Start fundraising and check out our new fundraising events calendar
- If you write stories/poetry, design, illustrate, email firstname.lastname@example.org
“Volunteering with CALM…has been very rewarding, with opportunities to get involved in lots of different ways, from writing articles to representing CALM at student events and even staging a fundraiser.”
CALM’s Volunteering Programme is currently only operating in the South East of England.
Due to the sensitive nature of the issue, we need to make sure all our volunteers are equipped with the resources to speak to the public about male suicide, and to feel confident in dealing with any difficult or challenging situations as they arise. As a small team, we currently only have the capacity to train, coordinate and support volunteers in this area.
“CALM and the issues it tackles are important to me for many reasons, both personal and social. Volunteering with CALM provides me with an engaging outlet to aid CALM’s message, and meet some fantastic volunteers and staff.”
Unfortunately we don’t take volunteers on our helpline. Unlike many other helpline services, our calls are taken by specially trained & paid staff.