It’s great to know how your hard work will help us be there for whoever needs us. And your acts and audience will love to know too.
Here’s some stuff you can learn and share with anyone who will be performing/hosting on the night of the event.
Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) is a charity leading a movement against suicide through vital, life-saving support, impactful, provocative campaigns and collective action.
The CALM helpline spoke to over 122,000 people in 2019, directly preventing 588 suicides. And as of the lockdown has seen an increase of 37% in daily calls from people struggling with worries around health, family, work and mental health concerns.
CALM believes in helping people find ways to battle against living miserably every day.
Head HERE to find out more.
Here’s a script with some useful information for the host and performers to use.
Nights out have changed for the foreseeable. But that doesn’t mean we can’t all have some fun with our nights in. We’re here tonight as part of XXX, in support of Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) and its ambition to make sure that people are finding laughter, banter and something to smile about during the lockdown.
So, tonight is against living miserably, and for having some fun – and trying to raise some money for CALM’s life-saving services while we’re at it.
To find support or donate the equivalent of a few pints to fund a life-saving call, head to my fundraising page/thecalmzone.net – the link is in my bio. Or use the donate button on this stream.
Make sure to send this to them a few days in advance so they get comfortable with it all.
Key CALM messaging
- Find support and help at thecalmzone.net
- Things are weird right now and we all need some help to get us through
- It’s ok to be feeling anxious/ a little shit right now but hopefully tonight will help give us all a little break
- CALM’s free, confidential and practical helpline is open every day from 5pm-midnight for anyone who is finding life tough right now.
- £8 funds a potentially life-saving call, donate the cost of a pint or 2. Head to my fundraising page/thecalmzone.net – the link is in my bio. Or use the donate button on this stream.