CALM largely relies on the generosity of the public to keep our helpline and campaign going. Whether you want to put on your own event, take part in a CALM hosted event or get sponsored to take on a personal challenge, there are many ways to get involved and show your support. However you decide fundraise, you will also be raising awareness of CALM and the issue of male suicide, which is equally as important to us.
Just £7 will fund a potentially lifesaving call to our helpline, so you can have a very real impact on the lives of a large number of men and their families across the country. We will provide you with materials, tips and tools to help you make the most our of your fundraising efforts, as well as enjoying the ride! Read on to find out more…
Download our Fundraising info sheet HERE.
WHAT TO CHOOSE
There are so many ways to get fundraising for CALM, from sponsored walks to marathons, from Tough Mudders to mass sky-dives, cycling sportives and all things in between! You can also organise your own fundraising event. Why not…
- Put on a gig, comedy night or football tournament
- Organise a charity auction
- Hold a dress down day or bake sale at work
- Ask for donations instead of presents for your birthday or christmas
- Use eBay for Charities to sell unwanted goods
We have two main sporting events each year that support CALM – The British 10k and Nelson’s Tour de Test Valley Cycle Sportive. Find out more and sign up:
HOW WE CAN HELP
We have sponsorship forms, collection tins, running vests and promotional materials to help you on your way.
If you are organising your own event, then please read our Fundraising Terms and Conditions below, then fill in a Fundraising Registration Form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org or PO Box 68766, London, SE1P 4JZ. We’ll then send you our logo and details of use to ensure you keep everything legally tip top.
If you want to get your hands on some postcards, posters, running vests, T-shirts or collection tins to help support your event or challenge, have a look at the merchandise list for what’s available, then fill out an order form and return it to email@example.com.
*Please can you return your order form at least 3 weeks ahead of your event date to enable enough delivery time*
As for the nuts and bolts of fundraising, it’s pretty easy to get sponsorship online. It saves carrying around all that paper and the hassle of sending the money off, plus it automatically adds gift aid (about 25%) on top! You can use Just Giving or Virgin Money Giving.
Alternatively, if you prefer to raise money off line, download a sponsorship form:
CALM Sponsorship Form
WHERE DOES THE MONEY GO?
We rely on donations and funding from the public to ensure we can support our services and continue our campaign. Take a look at what impact your fundraising will have:
SHARE YOUR EVENT!
- Like and share our Facebook page, invite your friends to do the same, and create a page for your event
- 140 characters might not be much, but those short and snappy tweets can make a big impact to your fundraising. Make sure you follow us (@theCALMzone), tag us in your tweets and use the hashtag #savethemale so we can spread the word!
- Make a video of your event, upload it to YouTube then share it through social media and spread the word!
If you would like to volunteer for CALM, check out our Volunteer page.