How to take funeral collections
Many people celebrate the life of a loved one by asking for donations at their funeral or memorial service. We know the events of 2020 have changed funeral attendance and so if you’re a family member or funeral director making arrangements to collect donations in memory, we hope the options below will help you with your plans.
Create a tribute page You can Set up a JustGiving Tribute page which you can share with friends and family; they will be able to donate directly, and you will be able to see all the donations raised in your loved one’s memory. This is also a way for people who can’t join you due to COVID restrictions to remember your loved one and contribute to a collection in their memory. Donating using a Tribute Page also helps your donations to reach us swiftly, as currently we have limited access to postal donations.
- Head to CALM’s Just Giving page and click ‘fundraise for us’
- Log in or sign up as instructed
- You will be prompted to select ‘what are you doing’, scroll down to ‘remembering someone’ and click ‘start’
- Fill in the information asked about who you are remembering, then click ‘create your page’.
- You will then be able to share your Tribute page in memory of your loved one with those who may want to donate
Donate on the CALM Site Ask your friends and family to donate directly on CALM’s website. They can let us know who they are remembering and we will add it to the gifts given in your loved one’s name.
Collect at the service Funeral directors can help you organise collections at your service. CALM currently has limited access to post and delivery is irregular. If possible please don’t send us cheques for the time being but rather utilise one of the options described above – if you have already sent us a cheque please get in touch.