#ManYourLocal returns! Swerve that awkward team-building idea your HR Manager proposed and spend a day doing something actually decent… that involves pints.
If you’re reading this you’re already committed to spreading the CALM message, and probably keen to get your team doing something great for a day. So we asked the question ‘what’s the best part of team away days?’ and got the answer, ‘the pub at the end!’. Hence: #ManYourLocal Team Challenge – helping us spark great conversations in pubs, clubs and cafes all over the UK.
#ManYourLocal is all about making our beloved pubs, clubs and cafes into places that make potentially life-saving conversations easier, (and having a lot of fun while doing so). The important message comes in the form of our piss-take ManDictionary puns, taking a pop at silly societal conventions, and the medium is the humble beermat.
The main goal of the day: get rid of your beermats.
Here’s how it works…
1. SIGN UP. Use the form below.
2. ORDER YOUR BEERMATS. We’ll post them to you.
3. ASSEMBLE TEAMS. Try 3-5 people in each, but break it up how you like.
4. GO TO PUBS. Or clubs, or cafes (you’re welcome!)
5. CHARM the barperson or barrista into using our free #ManDictionary. (We have tips!)
6. SHARE PHOTOS. Each pub that accepts CALM beermats earns you points. To claim your points, share a photo on social media with the hashtag #ManYourLocal – extra points for certain photos (more on that later.)
6. THE FINAL ROUND. Once you’ve shared all your beermats, or exhausted yourselves trying, choose a final pub to meet up, add up each teams points and announce the winner. The losers buy the well deserved final round!
Easy! Sign up today
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this article or in the comments below, are not those held by CALM or its Trustees unless stated, and liability cannot be accepted for such comments. We encourage friendly and constructive debate, but please don't share personal contact details when commenting and exercise caution when considering any advice offered by others. We don’t allow abusive, offensive or inappropriate comments or comments that could be interpreted as libellous, defamatory or commercial and we will remove these without warning as and when we find them.